function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BeaubienBeaubien 

Force.com for Users not programmers

I'm just a user and not a programmer but want to have all the capabilities Force.com offers. Everywhere I look the talk is too technical. I spend way too much time just trying to figure out what I need. Is there a place for users? Ironically Salesforce.com user groups are filled with programmers. Consultants send me rookies that don't know anything yet. Salesforce really is not in the business of helping small users either. Does anyone have suggestions?

I have been a Salesforce user for two years now and have not used any advanced features. I have the Enterprise addition and really would like to use all that it offers.
SteveBowerSteveBower
Some of us are consultants who are not rookies and can actually give you advice and get things done for you.  :-)

You can also hire an experienced consultant to work with you to understand what you want/need and then you can hire the cheaper rookie level people to implement it for you.

But, you're right, it's a bit more difficult for the smaller sized business who the larger consultant firms don't cater to.   :-)

Best, Steve.
shillyershillyer

Have you explored Salesforce.com Community? This page is intended to help our end-users be more successful with the product. You can navigate the site based on your role and find best practices and guidance on more advanced features.

Another idea - take a look at the various training courses. There are free and paid courses that offer great content and help on features of the platform.

Hope that helps,

Sati