function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike 

SalesForce.com Developer Community Search Engine Plugin for Firefox/IE

I created a Plug-in for FireFox and IE7+ that searches the entire SFC Developer Community. The plug-in can be found at http://mycroft.mozdev.org/search-engines.html?name=salesforce+developer.

Enjoy,

Mike
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike

I created two more plugins as requested.

Mike

Message Edited by scrappydog on 01-23-2009 05:40 PM

All Answers

shillyershillyer
Very cool, thanks!!!

- Sati
Tran ManTran Man
Thanks Scrappydog!  We'll be getting in touch with you to show you our appreciation!

Jon Mountjoy_Jon Mountjoy_
Nice - thank you! 
SteveBowerSteveBower
Kudos!

Sweet if there were a way to limit results to "Discussion Boards", "Ideas", etc. but nice as is.

Thanks, Steve.

Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike
I can multiple search engine plug-ins for each type (discussions, ideas, etc.) if you'd like.

Mike
SteveBowerSteveBower
Most of the time I want to search the discussion boards if I'm trying to see if someone else has solved a problem I'm encountering.  I almost never want to search anything else (For me the other categories are more "browse" oriented).  So if you created a specific plug-in for that, at least *I'd* use it over the general one, can't speak for the rest of the world however!  :-)
I don't need specific ones for the other categories though.  Thanks much, Steve.

gaisergaiser
Great idea scrappydog, many thanks.

Most of the time I want to search the discussion boards if I'm trying to see if someone else has solved a problem I'm encountering.  I almost never want to search anything else (For me the other categories are more "browse" oriented). 

+1
gireeshzgireeshz

Fantastic Sir - thank you very much!

Force2b_MikeForce2b_Mike

Mike

Message Edited by scrappydog on 01-23-2009 05:40 PM
This was selected as the best answer
SteveBowerSteveBower

Very sweet Mike!  Nice work and thank you.  Steve

Perhaps you can add it to the Salesforce Developer wiki somewhere?  (Although I don't really see a good place... )

gaisergaiser

scrappydog wrote:

Brilliant, thank you very much scrappydog