function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
dturkeldturkel 

Profile Deployment Failing - Permissions problem

I'm trying to deploy (really transfer) a profile from one environment to another), but I'm getting a permissions error with the "Import  Personal Contacts" setting.

The problem is, this profile does not have that permission (Import Personal Contacts) granted, so I'm not understanding the complaint.  Does anyone know why?  I don't want these users to have Create/Edit Account permissions.

*** Deployment Log ***
Result: FAILED
Date: April 2, 2009 3:09:05 PM EDT

# Deployed From:
   Project name: xxxx-SFDC-Test
   Username: xxxxxx
   Endpoint: test.salesforce.com

# Deployed To:
   Username: xxxxxxx
   Endpoint: test.salesforce.com

# Deploy Results:
   Name:    profiles/FS Outsource Profile with Flex.profile
   Action:  NO ACTION
   Result:  FAILED
   Problem: Permission Import Personal Contacts depends on permission(s): Edit Account, Create Account

Name:    package.xml
   Action:  UPDATED
   Result:  SUCCESS
   Problem: n/a

# Test Results:
   n/a

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MParker1MParker1

Is there any way to over come this?  I think it's not just the error message that is wrong.  It should allow deployment if the 'Import Personal Contacts Permission' is 'False'.

The only thing I can think that would work is from another post where they said they:

- Give the profile the following rights on Source-ORG:

- Accounts  read/create/edit
  - Contacts  read/create/edit
  - Set 'Import Personal Contacts' to TRUE

Once deployed, remove the above rights from both the SOURCE & DESTINATION ORGS.

Is this the correct next step until resolved?

All Answers

Bill EidsonBill Eidson

The restriction is straightforward enough, but it sounds like it shouldn't be happening here.  I'll work with you to troubleshoot.

Bill EidsonBill Eidson

In this case, the profile being deployed was removing the 'create' permission from Account, which the Import Personal Contacts permission (which was set on the profile) depended on.

A bug has been filed to improve the error to point out that it's the loss of Create Account and not any change to the Import Personal Contacts permission.

Thanks,

- Bill

MParker1MParker1

Is there any way to over come this?  I think it's not just the error message that is wrong.  It should allow deployment if the 'Import Personal Contacts Permission' is 'False'.

The only thing I can think that would work is from another post where they said they:

- Give the profile the following rights on Source-ORG:

- Accounts  read/create/edit
  - Contacts  read/create/edit
  - Set 'Import Personal Contacts' to TRUE

Once deployed, remove the above rights from both the SOURCE & DESTINATION ORGS.

Is this the correct next step until resolved?

This was selected as the best answer
Bill EidsonBill Eidson

Yes, that's an appropriate workaround.  Feel free to post or contact me if you have any further issues with this.

Thanks,

- Bill

MParker1MParker1
Thanks Bill, yes that worked :)
Kirill_YunussovKirill_Yunussov

Well I am facing the exact same issue now.  Four years later.   Would think it would be fixed by now.

Jaikish ThamarasserilJaikish Thamarasseril
Hi,
      Me too facing the same issue. I have a profile from the sandbox which I want to use to create an exact same replica in the production org. Have modified the profile xml to remove references to object which are not present in the production org. Now I get this error while trying to deploy. I tried deleting the profile on the production org to avoid any sort of permission conflict. But, still I get this error. Would appreciate a quick response to get around this problem if someone has successfully solved this, of late.

Best regards,
      Jaikish
Sidhant Agarwal 7Sidhant Agarwal 7
2016, still facing this issue. sigh.
Daniel Kalil 7Daniel Kalil 7
I'm still facing this issue as well. 
Anugrah Srivastava 5Anugrah Srivastava 5
This is because the profiles are cloned from standard salesforce profiles depending on the license, and if the proper tags are not present in your profile xml, there would be issues.

If you add the below user permission in your profile metadata, the issue should resolve.

<userPermissions>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
        <name>ImportPersonal</name>
    </userPermissions>

Boris GašpićBoris Gašpić

This problem still persists in 2022, and Anugrah Srivastava's answer should be marked as the correct one.

The thing is that when you MUST NOT allow a Profile to access Accounts,
and you DON'T NEED AND DON'T HAVE "Import Personal Contacts" set,
and you pull the setup from the dev org (where you've made it false),
it does NOT end up in your profile.xml as false.
and then the deploy breaks.

It is not "apparent" that "Import Personal Contacts" would be called just "ImportPersonal" in <userPermissions>.
But yes, explicitly adding it to <userPermissions> as false, does solve the problem.
However, it's the profile fetch from the dev org that SHOULD have fixed the profile.xml accordingly in the first place.

Thanks Anugrah.