function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
laxlax 

Approval Process simple problem

I want an approval process where I dont know how many people are there in hierarchy chain. Though we assume it to be maximum 7. For that I have created 7 step approval step, at entry of each step I am checking the criteria if theuser's manager is not null. If it is not null then enter the step else go to next step. At the last step I have the criteria that user's manager is null. Say I submitted a record for approval and I have 2 managers in hierarchy chain. So as per me my approval process should go to step1 then skip step2,3,4,5,6 and then go to step7. This looks simple but unfortunately its not working and throwing error that manager's field is empty. Can anyone help. Thanks
laxlax
Pls help. This is Urgent
werewolfwerewolf
If the manager field can be null at step 2, then don't put in your criteria that the manager field must be non-null.
laxlax

Thanks Warewolf,

But it didnt work and I got the same manager required error. I want a scenario where say a user has 3 managers then it should become a 3 step approval process and skips other four steps. If a user has 5 managers then it should become 5 step approval and skips 2 steps. I have written the criterias as follows:

Till step 6 as
Current User: Managernot equal tonull
, else Next Step
Assigned Approver: Manager
For step7 Criteria is
Current User: Managernot equal tonull
Assigned approver: Manager
Now as per me if I take first user it should go to step 1, step 2 then at step 3 the entry criteria is that manager field is not null, while it is null(because its a 3 level hierarchy) in this user's case so it will jum from step3,4,5,6 to step7.
I tried not to put this criteria as you suggested, then all records will enter this step, so it threw the same manager is required error.
I dont know what I ammissing. Appreciate your help.