function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
laxlax 

Cross object formula

We have a scenario where a custom object(X) is child to Account object(master detail). What I want is to copy some value for my custom object to a field in Account object. For that I created another field on account object which is a lookup to object X. Then I created formula field (type number) having value:

X__r.desired field__c

There was no value copied, instead it showed 0.0. Pls help? Thanks in advance.

shillyershillyer

That sounds like you did everything right. In the Account, did you define a value for the lookup to Object X? And does Object X have a value in the number field?

Best,

Sati

laxlax

Hi Sati,

Thanks for reply. I didnt understand what you want to ask

"In the Account, did you define a value for the lookup to Object X?"--I just created a lookup to object X.

"does Object X have a value in the number field?"-Yes it has value say 1234.00 but in account object it is 0.0

Thanks

Laxmi

shillyershillyer

You probably did this, but just wanted to be sure. I just wanted to check you actually edited the Account record and assigned a value to the lookup field that relates to the Object X record with 1234.00 as a value. If there's no value, I can understand why you are getting 0.0, but once you lookup to a record that has a value, it should show immediately.

Best,

Sati 

laxlax
I tried the same thing with user object(which wasn't under master child relationship) and it worked really well. Is this causing the problem?
laxlax
I tried the same thing with user object(which wasn't under master child relationship) and it worked really well. Is this someway causing the problem?