function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jon85943jon85943 

Territory Management Question

Hi Everyone,

I am looking into setting up territories using SF and we are waiting on our Sandbox to be available so I figured I would go ahead and start planning out my territories now.  

Here is how our territories are to be setup, we have a list of most of the zip codes in the US with which we want our accounts to be assigned, users will be in charge of accounts based on these territories as well.  Anyways, the file we have has around 42,000 zip codes.  Each of these zip codes rolls up into a territory (52 Territories such as Hartford, Boston, Miami, etc, with an average of around 750 zip codes in each territory) and each of these territories rolls up into a Region (8 regions such as Northeast, Southeast, etc)

In summary, we have 3 columns, zip code (42,000 zips), territory (52 territories) and region (8 regions), we want accounts to automatically be assigned to these regions and territories based on the zip codes as well as users to be assigned accounts based on the regions and territories.

Is this possible and if so, what would be the best approach?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

jon85943jon85943

One other point, from the Manage Territories screen, it appears that I can only add zip codes in 10 fields using 10 OR statements and the length is limited and this could be very time consuming for all 52 territories, can this be done through Data Loader?