function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
sundalesundale 

Time-based Workflow owner ship change -- how to?

I need to change a customer object's owner based on 2 factors:

1)  5 later than the time recorded in a object field name "AppliedAt", and

2)  if a related custom object (Master - Detail relationship) record count is 0 (e.g., there are no Detail records).

What's the best way to do this?  Is the Apprivo app necessary, or is their native force.com capabilities?

Thx.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
kritinkritin

first you need to create a Rollup Summary Field on Parent record that will count all the child record.

2nd: Now you need to introduce workflow rule when record is created or edited and did not previously meet the criteria.here at the entry level criteria you will have to check the record cound field(we created in first step) is Zero or not.

3rd:Here you have to add Time trigger like 5 days After AppliedAt.Now you need to Add workflow action New Field Update, here you will have to select the Owner of the Object and specifiy new user value.

Reply me once this solution is suitable to you.

And also mark this solution is acceptable.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

In point 1 what are you implying by 5 later than the time recorded in a object field name "AppliedAt", --> is it 5 hours , minute or is it a count.

Also please do clarify on which object the workflow has been applied and which is the detail object ?

kritinkritin

first you need to create a Rollup Summary Field on Parent record that will count all the child record.

2nd: Now you need to introduce workflow rule when record is created or edited and did not previously meet the criteria.here at the entry level criteria you will have to check the record cound field(we created in first step) is Zero or not.

3rd:Here you have to add Time trigger like 5 days After AppliedAt.Now you need to Add workflow action New Field Update, here you will have to select the Owner of the Object and specifiy new user value.

Reply me once this solution is suitable to you.

And also mark this solution is acceptable.

This was selected as the best answer