function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Grinster650Grinster650 

Round Robin Lead Assignment: Auto-Number behaivor

I'm implementing Round Robin Lead assignment using the Auto-Number custom field, with the formula number field "(MOD(VALUE({!Lead_Number__c}) ,19) +1".

Heres my dilemma:
My client has multiple call centers, who each need to have their own round robin system. The problem is, auto-numbers will increment for each lead created, regarless of say...the record type or any other criteria. Is there any way to build an auto-number into a formula field? In other words, I only want the auto-number to increment on certain leads, which could in theory be feasible if i could include an auto-number in an IF statment within a formula field.

Thanks,
Ryan

Message Edited by Grinster650 on 02-02-2006 02:03 PM

sepsep
Did you ever get any help on this?  If so, I'd love to hear how you got this to work.  I currently have the same situation, where I must first segment by geography and then in a round robin fashion within each geography.
ILX_MJILX_MJ

I've been trying to figure this one out for quite some time, and although it's not perfect, here is an example of a formula to use...

VALUE(CASE( Number_of_Employees__c ,
"100 - 500",TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),4) + 1),
"500 - 1000",TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),4) + 1),
"1,000 - 5,000",TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),3) + 1),
"5,000 - 10,000",TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),3) + 1),
"10,000 - 100,000",TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),3) + 1),
TEXT(MOD( VALUE( Number__c),7) + 1)))

In this example we are segmenting teams based on the number of employees in a lead (represented by a "Number of Employees" field). So, if the lead has 100 to 1000 employees then a team that consists of 4 employees recieve the Lead, as well as on Team B and C (3 Members and 7 Members). Then in the Lead Assignment Rules each employee has their filter set to include both the Number of Employees field and the assignment number. For instance, is Bob is qualified to sell to 1000 employees and up, his lead assignment could include the criteria Number of Employees = 1,000 to 5,000 and Assignment Number = 2, so all leads that come in matching that criteria will be assigned to Bob.

However, if you have a lot of different groupings (Territories I believe in your case) than you will quickly run into a compile error for too many characters. We've already run into it (thats why Team C, consisting of 7, is the "Then" in the statement), which makes this approach limited, but I thought I'd throw it out there for you. If anyone else has a solution we'd love to hear it, we've been trying to figure out a better approach for a while (and we don't see hard coding all the assignment rules as an option.

Hope this helps.

Message Edited by ILX_MJ on 01-13-2009 10:34 PM
Vin.Vin.
Has anyone figured out a solution for this? It seems to be a very frequent question and so far I couldn't find any clear answer on the topic. It would be great to have some guidance on this.