function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
FlashFlash 

Master-Detail: After adding a new "detail", UI does not return to "master"?

I have two custom objects configured in a master-detail relationship: an "Order" object and a "Line Item" object.

I click on an existing Order and see a section for the related Line Items. I click "New" to create a new Line Item and fill out its details. So far so good. I then click "Save" and expect to return to the Order (showing the newly-added Line Item) but, instead, it just displays the newly-saved Line Item and I have to click on my "Orders" tab and find the Order I was just on in order to get back to it.

Is this the correct behavior or am I doing something wrong?
Ron HessRon Hess
if these are custom objects that you created, then yes this is the way it works, you've done nothing wrong.
gokubigokubi
I have Custom Links off of objects that create related objects (i.e. Opportunities for a Contact) that call S-Controls. I create the Opportunity, set the correct information based on the contact I came from, save it, then pull up the edit interface for the new Opportunity. When I pull up the Opportunity, I set the URL so that when the Opp is saved, I return to the Contact object.

top.location.replace("/" + OpportunityId + "/e?retURL=/" + ContactId)

The "e" tells the app to pull up the edit interface. The retURL is the object to go back to.

Steve
FlashFlash
Thanks!