function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
igs1964igs1964 

getUpdated doesn't return recently changed or updated records

All, Has anyone experienced this? I have an XSLT that creates a dynamic SOAP envelope to query SF for recently updated records.

Start date is a configurable user parameter, and end date is based on local system time However, if I change a record at say 09:30:05 am and run the GetUpdated transaction a minute after it, I get no results back. Is there a 24 hour rollover involved here? Do I need to wait until midnight of the next day to retrieve these records. I don't want to use Java or code to resolve this. I should be able to do this through the SOAP interface without coding. Any ideas? Thanks a ton Ian Shuler

Message Edited by igs1964 on 02-13-2006 01:38 PM

SuperfellSuperfell
are you taking into account the minute rounddown on the time ranges ?
igs1964igs1964
What do you mean by round down? I assume you mean the seconds round down to the last minute, so if I updated at 09:30:05, the minute round down would be 09:30:00? Correct.

Regardless, if I change a record via the API, I should be able to retrieve that data within a reasonable window (< 60 seconds).
SuperfellSuperfell
(a) when the change happens and when it becomes visible are 2 different points in time, this can become a wide gap when the row is the first row in a large batch update. The update may occur at 10:21:20, but won't be vislble until the batch is commited (which could be minutes later).

(b) the rounding happens to the start & end date passed to the getUpdated call, so if a change happend at 10:21:20 and you passed a 10:11:30 start and 10:21:30 end time, it won't show that change, because the start/end get rounded down to 10:10:00 and 10:21:00, and 10:21:20 isn't in that range.
igs1964igs1964

SimonF wrote:
(a) when the change happens and when it becomes visible are 2 different points in time, this can become a wide gap when the row is the first row in a large batch update. The update may occur at 10:21:20, but won't be vislble until the batch is commited (which could be minutes later).

(b) the rounding happens to the start & end date passed to the getUpdated call, so if a change happend at 10:21:20 and you passed a 10:11:30 start and 10:21:30 end time, it won't show that change, because the start/end get rounded down to 10:10:00 and 10:21:00, and 10:21:20 isn't in that range.

ah...you mention the batch aspect of this. I assume then that when you say minutes later it could be 10 minutes or 90 minutes later. I understand the round down now so that is not an issue...could it be that I need merely to just schedule this transaction to run continually until it picks up the updates?