function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AJ yorkshireAJ yorkshire 

Adding a picture to a contact, uploading attachment and assigning all at once from S-control

I want to create an S-control to add a picture as an attachment to the contact you are in, that will upload and automatically be assigned to the contact(in that the link to the picture is inserted into a custom field).

My idea is to pull the contact ID, Name and email from the contact, then insert an attachment, the picture you specify by browsing, and then calling it the user ID or email, or use one in the description. Then after saving the attachment. Search attachments for that User ID or email and insert the the link web address + the attachment ID into a custom field that controls where the picture source is coming from. And then refresh the page to show the change.

Does anybody see any floors in my plan. It my first time using SOAP and Java script but i think i will be able to hack something together. Any pointers or suggestions would be more then welcome. AJ

Message Edited by AJ yorkshire on 02-16-2006 07:46 AM

DevAngelDevAngel
No, that seems reasonable. The scontrol will need to create an attachment for the contact record and remember that Id momentarily. You will likely also want 2 custom fields on the contact record. One to hold the image attachment Id and one to contain a formula field that builds a url for an image formula.
AJ yorkshireAJ yorkshire
Thanks for the information. Il have a crack at this over the next few weeks in between projects.
HannesEHannesE
Hi,

did you elaborated this feature? if yes, would you be so kind to write a little howto!?

Kindly,

HE