function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CVLGCVLG 

Unable to change Owner on custom object record

We have had the same custom objects in production use for over 4 months but, starting 02/10/06, any user whose Profile did not include View All Data permission was suddenly unable to change the Owner on any custom object.

I have set custom object permissions to Read, Create, Edit & Delete for the user profile but no change. I cannot see any other place to change permissions/ sharing for custom objects.

This is causing a mission critical problem. Any advice is much appreciated!
benjasikbenjasik
Typically, only the owner, or the bosses of the owner, can change the owner. Also the admin can always change the owners. Unless you have an object like case or lead, where the sharing model is public read/write/transfer. There is only a public read/write sharing model for custom objects.
CVLGCVLG
I'm confused Benji - Since sharing model for custom objects is always public read/write, how is it possible that any user profile that has been given Read/ Create/ Edit/ Delete permissions would be unable to reassign the Owner on a custom object record?
smichenersmichener
Benjasik,

My question is - why?

Please allow the read/write/transfer sharing option for accounts and contacts for professional edition users. Forcing PE admins to make every user in their organization admins in order to achieve this objective is pure insanity. There is no logical justification for this omission as far as this long time user can see. I've been waiting for you guys to allow this for 6 years.