function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
gokubigokubi 

Calling a campaign report: passing the campaign parameter?

I want to call a campaign report from a link off the campaign. The custom link that calls the default call down report is a link to a .jsp, and I can't control the fields that are displayed on the report it calls up.

I have created a campaign report that has the fields I want. Can anyone give guidance on how to call the report and pass the parameter of campaign id? I can't use the pv1= notation, because it's not really a parameter, as far as I can tell.

Thanks!

Steve
Ron HessRon Hess
there is an example of this on the appexchange, check out
http://www.salesforce.com/appexchange/detail_overview.jsp?id=a0330000000j5OdAAI

Campaign Membership Report

which is a simple custom link, where all the paramaters are passed on the url.

here is the custom link, you can cut and paste, or even easier, install the appexchange component and have it in your org!

you will have to remove the newlines i've added here:

/00O?returl=%2F00O&rt=5&c=CAN&c=MEMBER_TYPE&c=MEMBER_STATUS&c=FIRST_NAME&
c=LAST_NAME&c=TITLE&c=COMPANY&c=PHONE&c=EMAIL&details=yes&break0=CAN&
scopeid_lkid={!Campaign_ID}&scope=one&scopeid={!Campaign_Name}

hope this helps
gokubigokubi
Thanks Ron.

What I failed to mention in my first post is that I want to call a campaign report that also references a custom object. I've got a custom object called Household (it's on the appexchange in unpublished status) that is related to Contact via a lookup. When I create a Campaign report, I select the dataset "Campagins with Contacts and Households", I pick the Campaign, and all is well.

I'd like to be able to run this same report (on this dataset) from a custom link. It looks like the custom link that is available on Appexchange doesn't allow you to pick a destination report, but builds it on the fly on the Campaign dataset.

Do you see any options avaialable to me?

Thanks,

Steve
Ron HessRon Hess
sure, first i fire up firefox, launch your report, the one you saved,
when this report comes up, you will be able to "right click" ,
then select "view page info" , then click on the tab "forms"

you will see the forms on this page, pick the 'report' form, click on it

now you see all the params that are used to construct this report, you can pass any of these on the address line

so, i have a saved report

https://na1.salesforce.com/00O30000000tstd

now i can create a new link, and pass one name=val pair

https://na1.salesforce.com/00O30000000tstd?pv0=New

and it runs and changes the value of the filter to be "New"

hope this helps
gokubigokubi
Thanks Ron, this is just what I need. And a great tip for future parameter snooping!

thanks,

Steve
abs2310abs2310
Thanks @Ron Hess I applied your solution to generate a Dynamic Campaign Report.

Campaign Reports and passing the Parameters
  1. Viewing the default Capmaign Report "View All Campaign Members"
  • This by default points to /camp/rptcmpgncalldown.jsp?scope=1&scopeid={!Campaign_Name} So, it passes the Campaign Name from which it is launched.

2. Creating custom Campaign Reports
  • There are several other Campaign reports available when you navigate to Reports Tab --> Specify "Create New Report"
  • Inside the Campaigns folder there are several Out of the box Report Types available like "Campaigns with Contacts", "Campaigns with Leads" etc.
  • Campaign Report Types - Out of the box
  • This all Campaigns require you to specify Campaign Name as a parameter to save and generate the Report.
  • You can specify any of the existing Campaign name and save the report with desired name. Grab the Id of the report just created (Say MyReportId). 
  • Specify any Campaign Name
  • Now in-order to access this report from a Campaign you can create a Custom Link under the Campaign Object say "My Custom Campaign Report" of Display Type "Detail Page Link" and Content Source=URL and you can specify the URL as /<MyReportId>?scopeid_lkid={!Campaign.Id}&scope=one&scopeid={!Campaign.Name} This will allow you to dynamically pass the Campaign Name to the report from which it is launched instead of the Campaign Name specified while creating the Campaign.