function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kashifkashif 

How to import Recruiting Opportunities from SalesForce to company website?

Our company recently started using Salesforce.  Can someone please give me some advice on how to accomplish the following:

We would like the 'Careers' page of our company website to use the data entered in Salesforce. Whenever someone enters a new Recruiting Opportunity in Salesforce, and they have checked the checkbox that says 'Post on Jobs Website', we want that job to appear on our company website.

What is the best way to do this? Is there way to post the job opening to the company website when someone clicks 'Save' in Salesforce? Or will I have to go some other route--like an interface on company website that you have to log in to pull the data out of Salesforce, or a nightly process that does this etc.

FYI, the company web server is running MS Windows 2003 Server.

I am new to Salesforce and would appreciate any help/code samples/tutorial links that you guys can provide.

Thanks!
Park Walker (TAGL)Park Walker (TAGL)
There's no simple way to push the new posting from Salesforce to your web site, and even if there were you'd still need some code on your web server to process the information. The best way is to have your web server request the current job listings from Salesforce.com using the API. This could be done each time the page is requested or as part of a nightly process where the result is used to update a static page. This would be a fairly simple project and the API example code might be enough to get you 80% of the way there.

Park