function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AlexPHPAlexPHP 

New custom object not visible by other user profiles

Hey guys

I just created a new custom object in my sandbox, but it is not visible by other user profiles.

The custom object is set to Deployed status and Field Accessibility for the object is set to Read-Only/Required for all profiles.  The custom object is not visible via the APEX Explorer for other user profiles either.

Only the Sys Admin profile can see it.

Did I forget to set something?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

The security settings can be a bit confusing initially. You need to make sure that the profiles have access to the object itself, as well as the setting the field level security (fls) appropriately. You can access these settings on each profiles "view" page.

Wes

All Answers

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

The security settings can be a bit confusing initially. You need to make sure that the profiles have access to the object itself, as well as the setting the field level security (fls) appropriately. You can access these settings on each profiles "view" page.

Wes

This was selected as the best answer
AlexPHPAlexPHP

Wes, thank you!!  I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why the other profiles could not access the object.  You were right, my default settings were no permissions to other profiles, so had to edit them manually via the profiles.

Haven't created a new custom object in a long time, so totally forgot about those settings.

Thanks!