function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mbruso2mbruso2 

Clone a Sandbox?

I am working at a very large client and we are currently required to create a new sandbox each time we are ready for our next release to be tested.  For example we have DEVR1 that needs to be recreated into another sandbox named DEVRTEST1.  We have a developer who is using ANT to push the meta data from one org to another, but numerous elements are being missed such as:

Users

Roles

Some aspects of Profiles

Queues

Groups

Field History Tracking

Lead Field Mapping

Approval Processes

etc.

Needless to say it takes considerable time manually recreate the above items in each new sandbox.  Is there anyway to clone a SBX into a new Sandbox?

forcedotcomforcedotcom

You can only refresh a sandbox from production as far as I'm aware - why not deploy your changes from your development sandbox into production and then refresh the sandbox from prod?

AtulRAtulR

I think deploying changes will not solve the problem in this case.

What you can do is use Data loader to copy users from DEVR1 to DEVRTEST1 (you will need to change the login name)

Use eclipse IDE to copy profiles, field history & workflows to from DEVR1 on your local drive and then again use eclipse IDE to save it to DEVRTEST1.

To avoid such problem in future you should create user, Roles, Groups & Queues on production before you start your development on sandbox.

If this solve your problem then pleas mark this as solved if you have any question then feel free to get back to me.

Regards,

Atul

Andrew B. DavisAndrew B. Davis
Salesforce has just released this feature, so you can now clone a sandbox: https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/summer16/release-notes/rn_deployment_sandbox_to_sandbox.htm
Bob MillerBob Miller
As of Winter '17 this feature has been delayed.  I checked with SFDC Support and they are expecting a limited roll out by May '17
VIPUL GOEL 10VIPUL GOEL 10
This is available as Beta Feature of Spring 18 release Click here (https://releasenotes.docs.salesforce.com/en-us/spring18/release-notes/rn_forcecom_sandbox_cloning.htm) for link