function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rrubin128rrubin128 

Email to Case Agent Large Attachments

I am configuring the Email to Case agent on a local server.  Large attachments with spaces in the filename aren't "wiring up" properly.  Here what happens:

• I sent a test email with an attachment that has spaces in the filename.
  • The browser appears to have escaped the spaces with %20 before sending the email
  • The receiving email agent strips the attachment and writes the file to the largeAttachmentDirectory with %20s (as received literally via the email).
  • When clicking on the View attachment link in salesforce, the URL has %20 in the filename.
  • The link fails with file not found since the web server is presumably looking for a filename with space, but it is stored in the file system with %20s instead.

If I manually rename the attachment in the largeAttachmentDirectory to replace %20 with spaces, the link works properly. 

Is this a bug in the agent or am I missing something?  Anyone have an idea here?

Thanks,

Rob 

werewolfwerewolf
I would suggest that most emails you're going to receive with your Email To Case client will not be sent by a browser to begin with, but with an email client (or a browser-based email client).  Have you tried sending an email to it from Gmail or Outlook instead?
rrubin128rrubin128

Thanks for the quick response.  I've been staring at this too long: the original filename *did* have %20 instead of spaces.  When I renamed the file with actual spaces, attached, and sent, everything worked as advertised.

So bottom line, I could argue that there is a bug in the Email2case agent.  But I agree with your premise: I won't see the bug with "most emails."

Triage and move forward.

Robert