function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Unique-NicknameUnique-Nickname 

The Laundry List #4

I would like to first start off saying that I am very very VERY green to this environment. So I apologize with the very little knowledge that I can come to the table with.   4. I would like to build a custom page that can be displayed through a button within each case. The page has information that my techs will need to have access to in order to update. Also I would like this page to be dynamic based on the amount of information the techs enter. Example; Server connection information; I would like the page to have some type of free form text box and some other fields that are not a big deal BUT depending on each account there might be one text box or multiple. Each customer will have a different number of servers and I will need one per server but the tech will have to be able to add accordingly.   I really appreciate any help!!!  Thanks! 
werewolfwerewolf
You probably want to make a custom object that is Master-Detail to Case -- call it "Server."  For that dynamic information, your best bet would probably be to make record types of "Server" based on the types of servers you support, for example.  That way a Dell-type server would have different fields than a Sun-type server.