function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VDid.ax1020VDid.ax1020 

Missing homepage sidebar on a web tab in service console

I have created a custom web tab that points to the homepage. When I open this tab outside the service console it shows all the homepage components including the sidebar.

I have this same tab in the service console and when I open it I am missing the sidebar. Why is this? I only have the homepage dashboard, calendar and my tasks sections.

My reasoning to have this homepage web tab is so that my reps can log into their softphone console located within the homepage sidebar. Is there a better way to get the softphone console directly into the service console?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
*werewolf**werewolf*

No, because if it displayed the sidebar in there then it would also display the full Salesforce.com header in there -- the Service Cloud Console suppresses both in web tabs that point back at Salesforce.com.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

That is generally true. No pages in the Service Cloud Console have sidebars.

VDid.ax1020VDid.ax1020

Agreed the sidebar is not available on any pages in the Service Cloud Console. But I have a web tab, pointing to the homepage, is the homepage sidebar not a part of my web tab within the Console?

Hope this makes sense.....

*werewolf**werewolf*

No, because if it displayed the sidebar in there then it would also display the full Salesforce.com header in there -- the Service Cloud Console suppresses both in web tabs that point back at Salesforce.com.

This was selected as the best answer
VDid.ax1020VDid.ax1020

Thank you for the clarification.

Do you have any experience with integrating the CTI Adapter/Softphone into the console? I have tried to look for documentation online but cannot seem to find anything.

Thanks again.

VDid.ax1020VDid.ax1020

Here is the information I was looking for, I have the toolkit version 1.0 installed. The Console CTI adapter works in the footer of the console page with version 3.0

Click SoftPhone buttonto display a SoftPhone from the footer of the Service Cloud console. You can access the SoftPhone if you're assigned to a call center using a CTI adapter built with version 3.0 of the CTI Toolkit.

The SoftPhone lets you:
  • Make calls by dialing a number in the SoftPhone, choosing a number in an online directory, or clicking a phone number in any record
  • Receive calls
  • Quickly view all records related to a call, such as contacts, cases, or accounts
  • Transfer calls
  • Initiate conference calls
  • Put callers on hold
  • Attach records to calls

Use the interaction log to write notes in call logs while using the Service Cloud console. A call log is an activity record that automatically generates when you use the SoftPhone; it tracks the phone number, caller, date, time, and duration of the call. You can view call logs in the Activity History related list of any record associated with the call.

*werewolf**werewolf*

Yes, that's right, CTI will just work in the Service Cloud Console if it's built using the CTI Toolkit 3.0 or higher.

VDid.ax1020VDid.ax1020

Thank you again! Got me going on the right path..... :)