function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Static DevStatic Dev 

Regarding the Autonumber field

Hello,

The Issue i am facing is, After the migration of data from legacy system. Changed the text field to Autonumber so that after all the legacy data is brought in it starts with a sequence. Now when records are created the Autonumber field is not showing up in the sequence as it is meant to be (ex: 12102, 12204, 13518) sequence is not followed when new records are created.

Could please let me know what could have caused for the autonumber to mess up with sequence.

Thanks in Adavance.

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Are you loading bulk data and are there errors in it for some records.

Static DevStatic Dev

I mgrated 1500 records into salesforce through informatica on demand . After the migration we changed the text field to auto number in prod env. Now when users are creating the data the autonumber sequence is not showing up in sequence records are created as this ex: 12102, 12204 like this.

Thanks in Advance.

My question is whether you loaded all 1500 records succesfully or not when you loaded it or there were any errors.

Static DevStatic Dev

Yes all the 1500 was loaded succesfully without any errors. Through Informatica on demand.

Thanks

I just found thid

Auto Number

Automatically assigns a unique number to each record. The maximum length of any auto-number field is 30 characters, 20 of which are reserved for prefix or suffix text.

No description given that numbers will be in sequence.

SAPOCSAPOC

What number did you give in the Auto number field to start with.It should be the number following the last number in the records imported.

http://success.salesforce.com/questionDetail?qId=a1X30000000HYW9EAO

Alexander_EAlexander_E

Is it possible, that you have a Master Detail Lookup to a Master object in your CustomObject?

If yes, everytime when you delete one record in your Master Object, the related record(s) in your CustomObject will be deleted as well.