function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari 

Need help - Giving read permission to all profile when creating a new custom object

Hi,

I have created a custom object and wanted to give "Read" permision to all profile (custom/standard) ,

Can some one tell me how it can be done?

Many thanks,

Deepak Pansari 

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Manage Users > Profile > Click Edit on the custom profile as I don't think you can change the permissions of object in standard profiles > Now go to "Standard Object Permissions" if the object is standard and "Custom Object Permissions" if the object is custom > Onlt "Read" checkbox should be checked and all others should be unchecked > Save

Now if you have many profile in which you want to change the permissions then you need to do this one by one as we can not update profiles in bulk.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari

Hey Ankit,

Is there any way to give default read access to all profile while creating any new custom object ?

-Deepak Pansari

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

No! And this can not be implemented as all standard profile will have the access pre defined. But you can post an idea that we can provide read only access to all CUSTOM profiles while creating custom object.

If you are going to create that idea, please post the link here I will promote it. Also if you got any help from my post then please mark it as solution so others may get benefit.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page