function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ckempckemp 

Tracking data changes

I need to be able to have an audit trail to track what data has changed for Salesforce objects (e.g. Opportunities, Leads, Accounts, etc.)  I thought there was some way to do this (a "track changes" sort of setting) but can't seem to find it.  Is there any way for a user to see a list of what changes were made when?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Richie DRichie D

Go to setup>Customize>Opportunities>Fields

Click set history tracking, click enable on next screen and choose the fields to track  (you can only have a certain number I think).

You'll then need to add the opportunity field history related list to the page layout.

Thats about it. As long as you've got admin rights then you should be able to set it up.

Good luck.

R. 

All Answers

Richie DRichie D

Go to setup>Customize>Opportunities>Fields

Click set history tracking, click enable on next screen and choose the fields to track  (you can only have a certain number I think).

You'll then need to add the opportunity field history related list to the page layout.

Thats about it. As long as you've got admin rights then you should be able to set it up.

Good luck.

R. 

This was selected as the best answer
ckempckemp
That is precisely what I was looking for!  Thank you very much for your help, Richie.
Andrew SchellAndrew Schell
Similar question but is there a way that I can track the number of contact accounts that were changed in a given day?