function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bdagar1Bdagar1 

Edit Profiles under Src folder in Eclipse!!!

Hi Gurus--

I am new to Force.com. I was going to the Online Tutorial provided by SalesForce.com and I am stuck at the below step (see below bold part) in Eclipse. Below steps wants me to change the Admin.profile but I can NOT find the Profiles folder under src folder in eclipse. Please Help me!! Also let me know if you have any questions or if my question is not clear. Thanks in Advance-- Basant

================================================================

Configure user profiles:

a. To bring the updated profiles back to the IDE, right-click the src folder and choose Force.com > Refresh from Server.
b. Expand the src > profiles folder, double-click the Admin.profile file to open it in the XML editor.
c. Change the value of the <visible> element for Mileage Tracker to true, as illustrated in the bold text below:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<Profile xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
 <applicationVisibilities>
  <application>Mileage Tracker</application>
  <default>false</default>
  <visible>true</visible>
 </applicationVisibilities>
</Profile>

d. Click Save.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
ShikibuShikibu

You can control which parts of the salesforce metadata are downloaded from server to your local folder. Select the project, right-click, select force.com submenu, select "add remove metadata components". (Approximately; I don't have Eclipse open at the moment).

If your org has changed since you created the project, you may need to click "refresh" on the "add/remove metadata" modal dialog that comes up.

You'll see an expandable menu of all the metadata that is available via web services (plenty, but by no means all). Check off the ones that you want, click apply.

All Answers

ShikibuShikibu

You can control which parts of the salesforce metadata are downloaded from server to your local folder. Select the project, right-click, select force.com submenu, select "add remove metadata components". (Approximately; I don't have Eclipse open at the moment).

If your org has changed since you created the project, you may need to click "refresh" on the "add/remove metadata" modal dialog that comes up.

You'll see an expandable menu of all the metadata that is available via web services (plenty, but by no means all). Check off the ones that you want, click apply.

This was selected as the best answer
Bdagar1Bdagar1
Thanks a lot Shikibu  !!! I really appreciate your response. It worked absolutely the way I wanted.