function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Keith_SmithKeith_Smith 

Related List onto Custom Object - with a one to many relationship

I have created a custom object (Property--as in real estate) and its related custom fields.  I need to add the standard related list for Contacts to the custom object.  Trying to achieve a master custom object (Property) with multiple Contacts related to the properties.

Would work like the standard Account tab functionality where multiple Contacts can be associated with a single Account.

I tried creating a custom master-child relationship field from the Contact customize...only lookup relationship is available.

I also created a master-child relationship on the custom object (Property) but if I understand correctly this makes the Contact the master and Property the child...which is backwards from needed result.   And this does not allow Contacts to appear in the Page Layout > Related List  drag & drop.

What am I missing on setting up the relationship correctly to have multiple Contacts appear as a related list on my custom object (Property)?

Thanks for the assist... KS

werewolfwerewolf
The proper way to achieve this would be to add a lookup relationship from Contact to Property.  You will not be able to make a master-detail with Contact as the detail, but a lookup should suffice.
Keith_SmithKeith_Smith
Thanks Wolf...works correctly with just the lookup as you said...