function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eric garniereric garnier 

CTI : How to always have the initial opportunity in the history

Hi,

my customer want to have always the reference of the opportunity in the call history. This work most of the time, when the user clicks to call in the opportunity. But this fail if the user, while still in call, clicks in other pages on SaleForce.

For example, the user opens an opportunity, and clicks on the phone number. A new call is open, and the opportunity is associated with it. Fine. But if the user, while still in call, clicks on another opportunity, this last opportunity will take the place of the first one in the call log.

My customer would prefer that the first opportunity remains in the call log.

Is it possible?

How?

Thanks

Eric

PS: toolkit 3.01

*werewolf**werewolf*

If this is your adapter, you can modify the code in your CCTIUserInterface subclass slightly to handle this.  I believe the trick is to override AddLogObject (or something to that effect) to mostly do the same thing as it currently does, but with one minor change: normally when it adds a new object, it selects that new object as well.  You'll want to change it to see if there's something already selected in the call log (your initial opportunity) and if it is, just add the new object but keep the original object selected.

eric garniereric garnier

Thanks Werewolf

Yes it is my adapter. So I will try your trick.

BTW, what is the purpose of the m_mapWhats & m_mapWhos in the CCTICallLog as only one of them can be saved on the server? At least that what I understand.

Eric

*werewolf**werewolf*

A task can be related to one "who" (which can be a contact, lead, or person account) and one "what" (anything else) -- unless the "who" is a lead, in which case only the who can be saved and no what.  But if the who is a contact or a person account then the what can be saved as well.

eric garniereric garnier

Thank again,

My point was more about the usage of a map, as only one who and one what can be saved.

But that not a big deal.

Thanks

Eric

*werewolf**werewolf*

Oh, the map is used to populate the dropdowns -- because although it can only save one actual value, it does retain the objects you've navigated to during the call (like the first opportunity in your example where the second opportunity gets selected).