function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
saasforcesaasforce 

Continuous integration between SVN and Force.com

I am trying to setup continuous integration between SVN and Force.com.  Whenever a commit is made to SVN, it has to deploy the changes to Force.com.

I am planning to use Hudson and ANT script to get this done. I have used svnant to get the latest and Force.com deploy tool to deploy the changes to Force.com. 

I need some suggestions/help on the following:

1) Is it possible to get only the changes made and not all the files from  SVN?

2) How do I specify the package.xml to ensure that all SFDC configurations are obtained and deployed? Do I have to specify each and every type or is there an option to specify that everything needs to be considered.

3) Has anyone successfully setup CI using Hudson for Force.com? What is the approach used?

Appreciate your help on this.

Navneeth RokallaNavneeth Rokalla
Hi There,

I know the query would have been addressed by now but still will take an opportunity to attempt. I have marked the answers separately for the questions, Hope it will help.

1) Is it possible to get only the changes made and not all the files from  SVN? .

Yes . If CI is enabled then you can fetch the latest changes from SVN with SVN Update command used internally by the CI Server.

2) How do I specify the package.xml to ensure that all SFDC configurations are obtained and deployed? Do I have to specify each and every type or is there an option to specify that everything needs to be considered.

It is one of the most sought after requirements for mature teams who are trying to automate their deployement and release process. RABITForce [ Rapid Automated Build Install and Test Framework for Force.com platform ] addresses several such missing features in end-to-end release automation of Force.com platform.

3) Has anyone successfully setup CI using Hudson for Force.com? What is the approach used?
    Setting up CI with Hudson for Force.com requires the adapting Hudson to sensibilities of Force.com platform and the metadata activities .

Please visit http://www.autorabit.com to see if your painful release issues in your developments are address . You can have 30-day free trial account to see if it can accelarate your delivery and release of your applications with RABITForce.

Thanks

Navneeth Rokalla