function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Paul Dyson.ax812Paul Dyson.ax812 

Locked out of my Winter '12 testing Sandbox orgs

We are about to start pre-release testing our product against Winter '12. We created the sandboxes at the end of August, as per instructions, and have just activated. In between creation and activation we were required to reset passwords. Now the sanboxes have been activated, the new password doesn't work for login and we don't have a copy of the old password. Worse, when we try and reset the password, we get no email - I guess because the email addresses for users have the environment name appended to them and so don't work.

So we don't have administrator access to these important sandboxes. Is there any other way to reset the password than going through the email 'I forgot my password' route?

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The user that refreshed the box last is the only one whose email address is unaltered, just their username is different. You can reset their password using I forgot my password, but all other users can't do this (because of the email mangling). When you are on the I forgot my password page, make sure you are providing the username, not the email address on the account.