function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vinod TomarVinod Tomar 

Dashboard Edit Issue

One user is not able to edit one dashboard others she can edit. Her profile has Manage Dashboard (All check box checked for Dashboard for her profile) and View All access still she is not able edit the dashboard.

Can somebody help me.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

That Dashboard was dynamic dashboard that is why user was not able to eidt it. We provided "View My Team's Dashboards". Now he is able to edit it.

All Answers

nylonnylon

Can you explain how she is not able to edit the dashboard more in detail?

Encounter an error when saving, don't see Edit button or other problem?

Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

When she direct open dashboard then no edit button displayed if she tries to edit from dshboard list page then an error pop up.

nylonnylon

Are you sure the Dashboard folder which contains the dashboard is configured as 'Read/Write', not 'Read Only'?

Navigation to dashboard folder edit:

'Dashboards' tab -> 'Go to Dashboards list' link -> choose dashboard folder from drop-down -> Edit

Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

Public folder access is read only but she is able to edit other dashboards under this folder.

nylonnylon

As far as I tested, it seems that whether or not a user can edit a dashboard in ReadOnly folder depends on who originally created the dashboard. And user role hierarchy might affect this.

Does this hypothesis fit to your situation?

You can see the creator name as 'Name' in dashboard list.

Vinod TomarVinod Tomar

That Dashboard was dynamic dashboard that is why user was not able to eidt it. We provided "View My Team's Dashboards". Now he is able to edit it.

This was selected as the best answer