function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ripcurlksmripcurlksm 

Automating SalesForce contacts and their email preferences

We are a small medical startup and use SalesForce to track sales, lead generation, and keep customer contact info up to date. We also have a series of custom fields for each customer to flag what products and markets they are interested in.

We do not use SalesForce to send emails to our customers. We use our own email/domain and we get much better results using programs like Outlook and GroupMail to mass send emails to our clients (opt-in and CANN spam compliant).

Here is what we currently do:

1) Lets say we have a new "cardiovascular" product to promote, so we go into SalesForce and run a report pulling all email addresses that we have flagged as "cardiovascular" and export it to Excel.

2) We import this "cardiovascular" email list into Outlook/GroupMail and send it out and get a great response.

3) Occasionally we get a reply request to unsubscribe, so we manually go into SalesForce and find that user and uncheck their custom field for "cardiovascular" so we dont email next time. This is the part that is taking too much time, is there a way to automate it?

Here is what we'd like to do:

1) When a user gets an unwanted email they click a link in the bottom of the email like "www.mywebsite.com/unsubscribe.php?joe@email.com"

2) It brings them to our site (or sales force) and it shows their email with all of the custom flags they are check as (ex: Cardiovascular, Orthopaedic, Dental, etc." and they can check or uncheck which emails they want to receive.

Is this possible?

jackeejackee

Use the Site's for this.

each email should have dynamic email subscription link

use VF page as your site page and url will be  sitesurl/id=accountid

so when you run that page , it pulls all the details of that user with the email id and there should but one field or checkbox saying unsubscribe .

Hope this help's

ripcurlksmripcurlksm

What is a VF page? Where can I find it or set it up?

Thanks!

jackeejackee

By VF page  I mean Visualforce page . You will have to write code for that.

ripcurlksmripcurlksm

ok perfect. i am the programmer for this company, but not an actual user of sales force, so im not familar with all of the terminology.

so i can pull in checkboxes that represent all the custom flags we created in salesforce for each user/account and they can check/uncheck certain fields and submit it? is there an approval process or is it automatic?

thank you very much for your time