function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MC-DragnierMC-Dragnier 

Changing what factors go into formulating the Amount field on opportunities

Hi all,

Our particular forecasting model doesn't allow us to use the standard Amount field on the opportunities as an accurate measure of a deal's worth.  We forecast based on Total Minimum Contract value.

I've explored using revenue scheduling but since we can't change it on the fly it isn't a good standin for the term length of the agreement.  Our workaround is to have a product line item for Total Minimum Contract value and then have the reps omit all the other products from their Forecasts when they submit them but this is in no way a scalable model and is fairly time consuming.

Can I make any changes to the Amount field or point forecasting to a different field to make this more efficient?

Ideally I'd like the amount field to either be formulated by something else or if I had the ability to have the amount field populated as the sum of only a particular product Type I could get it down with that as well.  From what I've read so far I may just be out of luck so I'm hoping somebody out here has a similar environment and may have come up with a good way to handle this.

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The standard system doesn't allow modification of standard functions. Instead, you'll have to build a whole new forecast system. This means you'll need a trigger or a visualforce page, and/or some batch apex code.