function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Damien_Damien_ 

Multi-language customer portal

I have a customer portal that I need some text to display in whatever language the User is using.  A couple of languages we need to support are not supported by Salesforce at all.  

Bengali

Haitian Creole

Is this doable?  If so... where do I begin?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Damien_Damien_

That could work.  I actually came up with a solution that worked for me.  I added a language field to Contacts since customer portal users are associated to a Contact.  I also copy/pasted the text from multiple languages directly into a field in Salesforce.  Depending on the language on the Contact Object, I can change what language displays to the user.

Thanks for the idea though.

All Answers

Navatar_DbSupNavatar_DbSup

Hi,

You cannot use the language which salesforce does not support. But you can do one thing. You can create a VF Page and use the Google Api in that page to change the language.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved. 

Damien_Damien_

That could work.  I actually came up with a solution that worked for me.  I added a language field to Contacts since customer portal users are associated to a Contact.  I also copy/pasted the text from multiple languages directly into a field in Salesforce.  Depending on the language on the Contact Object, I can change what language displays to the user.

Thanks for the idea though.

This was selected as the best answer
Nancy JNancy J
That's very interesting @Navatar_DBSup.  I have an issue and am wondering if that would also work.  When rendering a PDF from flows, I need various languages that aren't supported by Salesforce.  For example, I need Mandarin, not Chinese Traditional (and there are many other examples).  What suggestions do you have?