function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MendyRMendyR 

I don't have "TIME" for this!!!

When Contract End Date is exactly 30 days from now, send email notification.

This doesn't seem hard, but I have not been able to set it up. 

Am I out of my mind? It seems like the easiest thing in the world would be to set a time trigger that shoots a notification when the calendar turns to a particular date. For example, SEND NOTIFICATION 30 DAY IN ADVANCE OF CONTRACT END DATE. 

What am I missing?  I haven't been able to find the solution by searching the documentation; the options for workflow rules (Time Dependent Actions, Immediate Workflow, Record Edited or Created) are confusingly labeled and I just have not gotten a handle on this. The other thing is, there is no way to verify whether a time based workflow works unless the date comes and passes without a notification being triggered. 

Best Answer chosen by MendyR
*werewolf**werewolf*

Make your workflow on Contract (maybe make the criteria Contract End Date <is not equal to> <leave value field blank>).

Add a time trigger.  When you do so it asks you what you want to trigger on.  Make it 30 Days before Contract End Date.

Now that your time trigger is created, add an Email Alert action under that time trigger to actually schedule the email.

The other thing is, there is no way to verify whether a time based workflow works unless the date comes and passes without a notification being triggered.

You can just look in Setup | Administration Setup | Monitoring | Time-Based Workflow.  You'll see your email alert queued up in there with the day and time it's supposed to execute.

All Answers

*werewolf**werewolf*

Make your workflow on Contract (maybe make the criteria Contract End Date <is not equal to> <leave value field blank>).

Add a time trigger.  When you do so it asks you what you want to trigger on.  Make it 30 Days before Contract End Date.

Now that your time trigger is created, add an Email Alert action under that time trigger to actually schedule the email.

The other thing is, there is no way to verify whether a time based workflow works unless the date comes and passes without a notification being triggered.

You can just look in Setup | Administration Setup | Monitoring | Time-Based Workflow.  You'll see your email alert queued up in there with the day and time it's supposed to execute.

This was selected as the best answer
MendyRMendyR

Thank you.