function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ang_SFAng_SF 

Customize Idea Object Page Layout.

Hi,

Has anyone worked on the Ideas object and got to customizing its layout? I see that the Idea Object only has a field layout and no page layout in its definition. Is there any way to work around this and customize its layout like the other standard and custom objects?

Thanks in Advance!

AmitSahuAmitSahu

I have not tried yet but you cannot change the pagelayout directly.. You can use VF page to get the idea functionality in tab.

Ang_SFAng_SF

Thanks Jo for the reply! Yes, you cannot directly change the page layout as you would with other standard/custom objects.

How and where do you suggest I call the VF page? ie, I see that you can use the IdeaStandardController and IdeaStandardSetController to override Ideas functionality in a VF Page, but the only place I want to override is the new/edit functionality of an Idea. Again, the post button does not let you override, where can I do this using VF? 

Your help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

AmitSahuAmitSahu

Customizing partly will be a bit of an issue. You can create a VF page and add all the existing functionality to the custom page.

Amar cAmar c

You can not Customize idea standard page layout.Have to crate a VF page for this.