function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JuhaJuha 

Deployment of Customized CRM Contact and Account tab

Hi,

in our Dev ORG we have customized the Contact and Account tab. Once we create the Managed Package we select the Page Layouts for Contact and Account to be included in the package.

However, when we install the managed package in the Test ORG these customized tabs are not available, but the standard Contact and Account tab are.

Does anyone know what needs to be done to overlay the standard CRM tabs in the target ORG with the customized CRM tabs from the managed package?

Regards,

Juha

g.engelg.engel

You can hide the standard tabs and deploy your own.  Go to Setup -> Administration Setup -> Manage Users -> Profiles and edit the profile your users are assigned to.  You'll find the "Tab Settings" in the third section down. 

I think you also have to override the user's customized tab layout settings to force them to see your new tabs.

I don't know how you make that automatic with the package installation, though.

JuhaJuha

Many thanks!

I have actually deployed the Page Layout for Account and Contact and overlayed them in the target environment for the profile to be used.

The only thing which did not work is that the renaming of Account, was not deployed. But that makes sense, since I just deployed the page layout for that tab. I will rename this tab in the target environment.