function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Art123Art123 

Login to sandbox

Hi,

I am a little bit confused with sandbox login. We are using Free Edition that has 1 sandbox limit and after creating sandbox, only that person who created sandbox is able to log in there. Other users cannot log in even they see it under Setup-> data monitoring.

Is this how it works or is there any settings that needs to be changed in order allow other users to log in?

VPrakashVPrakash

The login URL for the sandbox is  test.salesforce.com and user have to add the sandbox name to the end of production login as follows 

Production Login ID: test@salesforce.com 

Sandbox Login ID : test@salesforce.com.Sandbox

Art123Art123

Thanks for your advice, but I know that sandbox name has to be added in the login name and it does not work for other than user who created sandbox.

Can anybody confirm if in theory other users can login to sandbox (with sandbox name at end of their login names)? I have going through documentation and haven't found anything that says either way...

homer671homer671

I think only the regular Salesforce User's can login to the free one's Sandbox where the "force users" can't.    I think this is what you mean right.

pbattissonpbattisson

Could it be this?

User permissions required:

To view a sandbox:“View Setup and Configuration”

Paul