function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chintan-StringsChintan-Strings 

Integration Between Microsoft Dynamics AX and Sales Force

Hello Everyone,

We have Sales Force services  and Dynamics AX software setup for business. I want to update the Sales Force data with any update made in AX System, for ex. if Accounting Department makes any update in Account..it should update the  Sales Force data too. So its information update from AX to SalesForce.

I want to achieve this with Custom In house programming, and not using any Component. How do I achieve this..and what kind of strategy I can use? I know that Sales Force has some webservices that I can call from outside....but how can I call this services when there is some database update in AX system....The database update in AX system should trigger the call and update the Sales force.

I would appreciate any hint/support with this.

Thank you in advance. 

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
shillyershillyer

You will want to use the Force.com Web Services API. Not sure if Dyanmics can make web services callouts, but once the update is made, you'd want to use your SFDC credentials to log (via the API login() call) and then make the appropriate calls to create/update the Accounts.

Take a look at the Integration page for examples.

Hope that helps,

Sati

All Answers

shillyershillyer

You will want to use the Force.com Web Services API. Not sure if Dyanmics can make web services callouts, but once the update is made, you'd want to use your SFDC credentials to log (via the API login() call) and then make the appropriate calls to create/update the Accounts.

Take a look at the Integration page for examples.

Hope that helps,

Sati

This was selected as the best answer
Chintan-StringsChintan-Strings

Thanks for reply.

Actually I know how to call web services from Programming Code like C#...but how do I call this from database (which in my case is Microsoft AX Database) ? 

BeateBeate

Take a look at RapidiOnline (www.rapidionline.com). It will save you time and money integrating your data as we have a pre-built solution ready. Actually there is a webinar on friday the 23.4 dealing with integration between Salesforce and MS Dynamics AX: Register here: https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/815435667

Kind Regards,

Beate

bankimghelanibankimghelani

This could be very easily done with GUI based source-target mapping tools in Informatica's Cloud Service. It's a proven solution and it is mean't to solve the data integration issue like the one mentioned here.

Let me know if you need any help.