function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LBartonLBarton 

Outbound Messages for Objects not Listed

Is there any way to send an outbound message for objects such as OpportunityLineItem or OpportunityContactRole?  I want to update local tables whenever those objects are created or modified but I can't find those listed when I try to create a new outbound message.  Is there a workaround for that so that local datatables can be populated with SalesForce data?

NasipuriNasipuri

Hi ,

Salesforce.com does not support Outbound Message for the Junction Objects , standard or Custom, till the latest release winter'10.

You need to find some different way of integration for these objects , you may periodically call Force.com web services API to query new or updated records in these table.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

LBartonLBarton

Thanks!  Ok, outbound messages don't work, but can you please direct me to documentation that shows how to create a web service that is sent from SalesForce that is the type of thing I could use for updating local tables?  I have been looking but could not seem to find it.  I appreciate your help.

NasipuriNasipuri

Hi,

You will find the Force.com API related in the below Link. This is Force.com Web Services API guide.

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api/index_Left.htm#StartTopic=Content/sforce_api_quickstart_steps.htm

Thanks,

Dinesh