function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
frelepfrelep 

Export - Import

Hello,
I created a SalesForce free developer account. On this developer space I would import an entire project hosted on a production sandbox.
I would like to export the instance of production to develop my developer account automatically.
Do you know what tools exist for that ?
Thank you in advance for your answers

shillyershillyer

Between your production org and sandbox, check out Change Sets.

Between your free Developer Edition and Sandbox/Production, check out Force.com IDE.

Hope that helps,

Sati

frelepfrelep

Hello,

As I understand, the "Change Sets" are for te metadata, not for data, that's ok.

But is it possible to export these sets as files xml, csv, etc... ? And import them ? Cause the two environments are independent, unconnected.

I don't understand your second remark about"check out Force.com IDE.", what does it mean ? What is the goal ?

Thans for your answers.

Frelep

shillyershillyer

Yes - these are both metadata only. For data, I would suggest Data Loader.

The Force.com IDE is an Eclipse plugin that allows you to develop/deploy Force.com apps and customizations from your desktop. So you could use this tool to build a project that captures the metadata from one org (production/sandbox/develop edition) and deploy to another (production/sandbox/develop). You just need to make sure the API is enabled for both the source and destination org.

Hope that helps,

Sati

frelepfrelep
Ok, the problem is that the change sets functionnality is not enabled on our free developer account.
We haven't a link with the production sandbox (not affiliated) so I think we can't do Outbounds and Inbounds sets ?

We retrieved all production metadata with ForceIDE and try to push these in our free developer account but there are conflicts between basics objects cause they have been modified in the production sandbox (ex : Account with new properties).

So is there a solution to use a tool or make a script in ForceIDE that can override all the objects and in the right order ?

Many thanks for your answer.
Frelep
shillyershillyer

Change Sets is only for Sandbox and the related Production org, not for DE.

If the IDE is not working for moving your code from Production to DE, you may also want to consider packaging. You can create an unmanaged package that contains your customizations (not data) and install this package into your production org. Just be sure you don't package objects that may already exists in the destination org.

Best,

Sati