function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
spdespde 

Simple questions

Hi,

I'm new to salesforce so I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. I currently have no previous experience with cloud development.

Currently, my company is running an application as a php-script (with a sprinkle of javascript) with a mysql database on a web hosting service.

I've been asked if it is possible to move this php script and database to salesforce, but I'm having difficulties interpreting the documentation.

1. Is it possible to host a php-script on salesforce.com, or does it need to be hosted externally and just use API-calls to the salesforce database?
  2. Is it possible to import a mysql database into salesforce.com

I would also appreciate if you would point me in the right direction of the documentation.

Thanks!

Tommy

AtulRAtulR
Hi, Here are answers you are looking for. 1) You can NOT host php script on SFDC cloud. so you will have to host it on your web server and call SFDC API from your PHP script. 2) Yes you can import your mysql DB into SFDC but you will have to export mysql data into CVS and then import CVS into SFDC by using Data loader. I would recommend you to create free developer account and have some hands on to get the idea about how SFDC works. Regards, Atul
spdespde

Thanks for the quick answer Atul!

Out of curiosity, does this apply to ASP .NET webpages also?

Thanks!

Tommy