function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sunny GSunny G 

Dashboard is not getting emailed to the public group

Hi,

I have a dashboard. And i have saved it in Public group that is accesable to every user.Now, i have the running user as one user inside the public group.

But its not working for me i.e. Dashboard is not getting emailed to anyone.

Thanks

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
prathap raoprathap rao

Check the access level the folder you have saved the dashboard has.

If the folder associated does not have a public access you cannot mail the dashboard.

When u click on your dashboard you will see an option called  Go to Dashboard List below the dashboard name.

Click on it and at the top you can find the folder drop down box with an edit button next to it.

Click Edit and check if the folder has read only permission.  It is not compulsory that if the dashboard has public permission that it is available for everyone to use. The folder associated with the dashboard needs to have Read/Write permission.

All Answers

prathap raoprathap rao

Check the access level the folder you have saved the dashboard has.

If the folder associated does not have a public access you cannot mail the dashboard.

When u click on your dashboard you will see an option called  Go to Dashboard List below the dashboard name.

Click on it and at the top you can find the folder drop down box with an edit button next to it.

Click Edit and check if the folder has read only permission.  It is not compulsory that if the dashboard has public permission that it is available for everyone to use. The folder associated with the dashboard needs to have Read/Write permission.

This was selected as the best answer
TrueCloudTrueCloud

I agree with Prathap, that is the first place i would check. One of the stupid mistakes that I did when I was using a Custom Report Type. I missed on setting the status to deployed for the custom reports. That would prevent from publishing it over the email to any public group.