function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
createamcreateam 

A new developer account doesn't have sandbox creating option

I tried to create a new account at developer.force.com, but when I login and go to setup, I don't see an option to create a sandbox under DataManagement. Also, I don't see sample apps like volunteerforce which I used to see with my previous developer account. Strangely in the apps dropdown list, I see apps like marketing, call center etc.

My current developer account has an option to create sandbox. I don't see any difference in the way I created these two accounts. How do I get the sandbox option for this new account?

One difference I see is, the new account has the user profile of "system administrator" where as the current account is in the profile "platform system admin". This "platform system admin" profile is not there in the new account's manage users menu

Thanks for any help regarding this

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
hisrinuhisrinu

You dont get a sandbox option in developer accounts, if you want a sandbox then you can try with force.com free edition.

https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/freeforce-platform.jsp?d=70130000000Eq8v

All Answers

hisrinuhisrinu

You dont get a sandbox option in developer accounts, if you want a sandbox then you can try with force.com free edition.

https://www.salesforce.com/form/signup/freeforce-platform.jsp?d=70130000000Eq8v

This was selected as the best answer
createamcreateam

Thanks, it works!

Its quite confusing when they talk about a 30 day free trial, developer login, free edition and not give any indication on what I should be using to get some hands on. I could not even convert my 30 day free trial to a free edition when it expired.

BBSalesforceBBSalesforce

A 30 day trial can be converted but to a paid account.

30 day trial version has the functions of SFA as would a paid account

Free version do not have the SFA version except for the administration who has access to the different objects but you can only have one administrator

Free version has got a sandbox as well

Developer version has got the SFA with a limited number of users but has got no sandbox.

You get the hang of it once you start using the different environment since you have certain restrictions with all of them :) It is a hassle since you have to have different accounts to be able to try out the different functions. It even becomes more complex with different releases as they don't refresh your old developer accounts and would have to have a new account to be able to get the new functions :)

Hope this has been helpful. :)

Brian

Idd BaksheeshIdd Baksheesh

The basic rule you should remember is:

Free Force.com is a Force.com license, that means you can build/Deploy and create custom app like VolunteerForce but no Salesforce standard CRM Clouds (Like Sales Cloud, Service Cloud)

You may not feel the difference with one use as you as System Admin and can see these clouds, but any other user you create in the org won't have access to them.

Developer Edition, the beautiful and my favorite one (because it is relatively old and happening) is a test org, essentially its like your personal sandbox. A developers best friend, when you want to test code, Apex, Visualforce and stuff.

The trial version is just for you to study Salesforce wheather you want to buy it or no. This is a pure business decision. If you want to try Salesforce.com for your company, go for trial version and then convert to EE or UE after your business decision. If you are a developer and want to play around SFDC go for Developer Edition.

And if you are not concerend about CRM at all and just want force.com platform, Force.com Free Edition is there for you. Ta da.

Cheers,

Sid

http://force.siddheshkabe.co.in

Idd BaksheeshIdd Baksheesh
siri vellasiri vella
please any body try to resolve since  i am free developer edition but no sandbox option
User-added image