function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
netbrainnetbrain 

Bugzlla Integration with Salesforce?

I do not know how to do

Who has  detailed develop document

thants

netbrainnetbrain

Thanks for your reply.

I also have three questions.

1.       In the code "Bugzilla.BugzillaServiceSoap service = new Bugzilla.BugzillaServiceSoap();"which is part of the sample code of this page: http://wiki.developerforce.com/index.php/Bugzlla_Integration_with_Salesforce.com, is this object ‘Bugzilla.BugzillaServiceSoap’ a webservice supplied by Bugzilla?

2.        In the sample page, what’s the difference between the button ‘Create Bug’ under ‘Case Detail’ portion and the button “New” under ‘ Bugs’ portion?   Once I create a new bug by clicking ‘Create Bug’ button, how could the info of this bug be transferred to Bugzilla?

3.       If I create a bug with attachments in salesforce, how could the attachments be transferred to Bugzilla?

Thanks very much for your help!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

1. Yes, you'd take the Bugzilla WSDL, and in Salesforce, go to Setup > Develop > Apex Classes, and generate the BugzillaServiceSoap client from the WSDL. It's not specially provided by Bugzilla, but it's a industry standard for webservices, which Salesforce supports natively.
  2. The bug can be generated in Bugzilla by using either button. The designers of this document decided to have both a button at the detail level and on the related list (the latter is a standard button overridden by the SControl, the former is a custom button on the case). Their design calls a webservice class in Salesforce that in turn calls the BugzillaSoapClient, thus manipulating the bugs on the Bugzilla server. Using Visualforce, you'd remove a layer of complexity, since your custom page controller could do the CRUD operations between servers without depending on the client's JavaScript.
  3. Assuming the Bugzilla SOAP interface as the ability to upload attachments, you can create a Visualforce page to accept attachments and simultaneously upload them to the remote server, or you could use a @future method to delay the uploads by a few seconds (and make your page load faster). Their demo does not go into that much detail, but I'd have to assume there's certainly a way to implement this.

AndySAndyS

netbrain or sfdcfox, Do either of you know if there is actual code to go with the referenced example?  I only see a code snippet there. 

Is there a contact associated with this project that either of you know of?

Thanks.

ExpendablessExpendabless

from where would i get bugzilla wsdl????????????