function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
OxeneOxene 

Use of queues in approval processes

I have a scenario wherein I have to assign a record of a custom object to a queue for approval. The record has to go to approver A first, then to approver B and on approval from B, it has to go to a queue. Now, the queue to which the record has to be assigned depends on the district to which the record belongs. Since the number of queues is large, I cannot do this check in the approval process steps as it will run out of the limit of 15 steps for an approval process.

So, I'm trying to populate the queue to which the record has to be routed in a field on the custom object. I'm not able to create a lookup to Queue object. So I tried with lookup to User object, but when I assign a queue Id to this field it throws a DML exception saying 'FIELD_INTEGRITY_EXCEPTION, id value of incorrect type'.

How can I assign a queue id to a custom field and use that field to route approvals in my approval processes (there being a constraint that only User lookup fields can be used in approval processes)?

melissapgpmelissapgp
Have you thought about breaking out the approval steps into separate approvals with entry criteria based on the queue?
OxeneOxene
Yes melissapgp. But I cannot do that because if I start doing that the total number of workflows for my custom object will go over the salesforce limits (50 per custom object) as I need to implement these workflows for multiple countries.
Teach_me_howTeach_me_how

Facing the same issue now. Does anyone resolve this?