function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rahulrocksrahulrocks 

Hourly limit exceeded for processing workflow time triggers

Hi ,

i have been getting this mail from salesforce form yesterday.

Your organization (XYZ) has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Could anybody guide me to take corrective as well as preventive action for this?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

Salesforce limits the number of time triggers an organization can execute per hour as follows:

• Enterprise Edition =500
  • Developer Edition =50
  • Unlimited Edition =1,000

If an organization exceeds these limits, Salesforce defers the execution of the additional time triggers to the next hour. For example, if an Unlimited Edition organization has 1,200 time triggers scheduled to execute between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM, Salesforce processes 1,000 time triggers between 4:00 PM and 5:00 PM and the remaining 200 time triggers between 5:00 PM and 6:00 PM.

So you don't need to do anything, as this is handled by salesforce itself.

For more reference please visit : https://login.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/workflow_time_action_considerations.htm

Thanks

Ankit Arora

Blog | Facebook | Blog Page

rahulrocksrahulrocks

hi ankit,

thnx for d reply, so can i know how manu such time triggers are in the queue.

Although i looked throgh data monitoring , i could not find any scheduled triggers exceeding such limits that were scheduled for yesterday?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I believe that you can find it here :

Go to Setup > Administration Setup > Monitoring > Time-Based Workflow.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

rahulrocksrahulrocks

hi ankit.

i found them at d place u r taking abt bt the scheduled jobs in d queue r nt exceeding d limit....and its been more dan 24 hrs i hv been getting d mails each hour.

?

Ankit AroraAnkit Arora

I hope am not wrong with my words, its not schedule jobs its "Time-Base Workflow" and you need to search to get the present items in the queue.

Thanks

Ankit Arora

rahulrocksrahulrocks

hi ankit,

i am looking where you are pointing to. I cant find any likely cause.

And its been more than 2 days now , and i am still recieving the mails each hour

renegade22renegade22

Hi,

am getting this email each hour since Friday 01/07 in the morning (09:31 CEST).

Salesforce has not been able to resolve the issue for more than 3 days now.

rahulrocksrahulrocks

hi renegade22,

have u logged dis as a case or contacted d salesforce support team?

renegade22renegade22

Yep, I guess I should have mentioned that. I am being told that "Our R&D Department are still investigating this issue". It's useless to speculate what could keep them from fixing it, but it certainly doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that an apparently minor issue takes so long to be fixed.

rahulrocksrahulrocks

Hey. let me know if u have another word with them. i m in d same issue.

Reza SarwariReza Sarwari

Hello I have a question related to this topic.

I know that the hourly limit for Enterprise Edtition is 500 and for unlimited Edtition 1000.

But is there a way to increase the limit for Enterprise Edition without buying the unlimited Edition? For example to pay money to have more limits or so.

rahulrocksrahulrocks

Ofcourse you cannot increase the limiits without the upgrade

Sfdc11Sfdc11

Hi Rqhul;

our admin getting this error every hr:please let us knoz how uve solved:::urgent pls::

Your Orgqniwqtion has reached its hourly limit for processing workflow time triggers. Processing will resume in the next hour. For information on application limits, see the salesforce.com online help.

Phil WaltonPhil Walton
I think this may be related to a Workflow (or series of workflows) that are in a loop. Check that you do not have a workflow which triggers another workflow!
Phil
(I know this is an old thread, but may be useful for others to try this fix!).
StartingAgainStartingAgain
Just FYI for people coming across this post in 2014 or after, your default number of triggers for an Enterprise account is 50.  If you want to goto 500 you need to contact support and ask them to raise it.  I assume the same applies to Unlimited and other accounts.  I had coded my workflow to run exepcting 500/hr and I kept on getting these notices and thought I had a bug in my workflow...
Carlo FrettiCarlo Fretti
I just increased our limit from 50 to 500 so this is correct.  If you do not ask for the increased limit then it is 50.
Karen LacayoKaren Lacayo
Is there a cost to increase these limits? Also, currently my CEO is receiving this email. Is there a way to make sure another email is the one that's receiving this instead?
Eric Kintzer 10Eric Kintzer 10
Run More Workflow Time Triggers Per Hour
We’re upping the ante for orgs created in Winter ’18 or later. By default, new orgs get up to 1,000 workflow time triggers per hour. To increase your hourly time trigger limit, ask your Salesforce representative to change it.
Kristi WardKristi Ward
So this limit is on the actual records processed by time triggers, not the number of Time Triggers you have set up, correct?
Megan.WilsonMegan.Wilson
https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=workflow_limits.htm&type=5
snehil kumarsnehil kumar
Sandbox: Hourly limit exceeded for processing workflow time triggers

The solution to stop the email to the client is 
 In Setup -->Process Automation Setting the "Default Workflow User" should be changed from client email to any email where you want to get the update for that.