function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
StatBoyAStatBoyA 

Incomplete User List for Event Invitees

To All,

I'm working with partner portal users...

I'd like a partner portal user to be able to schedule an event and invite "standard" SalesForce users to that event.

However, the search function for invitees does NOT provide a complete list of SalesForce users. 

I've dredged around and just can't seem to find any configuration setting that changes this.  Any suggestions?

Thanks much, Larry

Shashikant SharmaShashikant Sharma

Could you please provide your code that you are using for searching standard salesforce users.

StatBoyAStatBoyA

Not sure I understand the request...

Say a partner portal user is logged in and they proceed to create an event.

They then opt to "add invitees". The "select event invite" pop-up window then appears.

Choose the drop-down to search within "Users, Leads and Contacts" or "Users".  Then either hit "go" immediately or enter a search for the first name of a KNOWN SalesForce user.  ONLY the system administrator is listed, although there are 9 other "standard" SalesForce user accounts established within the database.

If the partner portal user instead chooses to search among "partner users", all the defined "partner users" are correctly listed for the user to indicate as invitees.

However, I haven't YET determined if there is a way to get the search among "Users, Leads and Contacts" or "Users" to list all the standard SalesForce users defined within the database.

Hope I've provided useful additional info here despite not really feeling confident that this includes the type of information you were requesting...

StatBoyAStatBoyA

An update... it is not the system administrator that is the SOLE user listed for selection as an "invitee", but rather the OWNER of the partner account record. 

If the account owner is changed, then the new owner of the account record is the ONLY user the partner portal user seems able to invite.  It'd be VERY useful to allow the partner portal user to invite ANY SalesForce user...