function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RobbiePRobbieP 

I dont get the Choice lookup in Flow

It requires an input, and it will only return a list of matching records with 1 column, and no option if the records you searched for arent what the user is looking for. Is there some functionality with this that is missing? Documentation - pfft!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Chris JohnChris John

Choice lookups will return more than one record (when more than one exists), you just won't be able to select more than one.

In your use case, it sounds as though you could use a choice lookup to display a list of complaints (matching an order#), from which the user could select one and work from there (you'd grab the recordId in the allocations tab as a variable and use that to read / update from the flow).

If no records were found then you could choose 'Create new', which would be a separate choice (like I discussed in my previous post). That path could take the user to a screen to capture the data for a new complaint.

Does that make sense?

All Answers

Chris JohnChris John

The idea with the choice lookup is to select a single record based on a filter criteria (the inputs).

Only one field is available for display in the rendered drop down, but you are able to load as many field values as you like for that record in the Allocations tab.

A common solution is to create a formula field on your object that concatenates a number of fields together in the format you desire, and use that single formula field as the display value for the choice lookup.

Also, if no records are returned, the list will be empty but you can handle that scenario by attaching a choice element to the question (e.g. with the text 'None'). So you'd have a question with both the choice lookup and a default 'None' choice so that the user is always able to make a selection even if no results are found.

Hope that helps.

RobbiePRobbieP

Great. How would I do the same thing but with multiple records? I need to be able to show a list of open complaints concerning an order #. If they find an already submitted issue that is being worked on, they should be able to select that record and review/escalate it. If the complaint they are fielding has not been entered they shoudl be able to create it.

Chris JohnChris John

Choice lookups will return more than one record (when more than one exists), you just won't be able to select more than one.

In your use case, it sounds as though you could use a choice lookup to display a list of complaints (matching an order#), from which the user could select one and work from there (you'd grab the recordId in the allocations tab as a variable and use that to read / update from the flow).

If no records were found then you could choose 'Create new', which would be a separate choice (like I discussed in my previous post). That path could take the user to a screen to capture the data for a new complaint.

Does that make sense?

This was selected as the best answer
RobbiePRobbieP

Absolutely. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. This works perfectly. :smileyhappy:

lescclarkcpdlescclarkcpd

Hi

I'm new to flows and likewise am a bit stuck re producing a list of records once you have run a lookup.  The documentaion specifically says that you can only return one record.  I can create the lookup, assign an ID & display the single record later but how, specifically do I display the list of complaints as follows if I can only assign 1 id:

In your use case, it sounds as though you could use a choice lookup to display a list of complaints (matching an order#), from which the user could select one and work from there

thanks

les