function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Tin013Tin013 

Profiles and Sharing

Hi all,

Hope you are all well. I have a requirements to share/restrict opportunities between partner portal users and I am not sure how I can go about achieving this.

Basically I have two sets of partner portal users. One should be able to create/edit opportunities and view any opportunities regardless of who own it.

Another set of partners should only view & edit a set of opportunities related to a particular product.So if they are not selling a particular, they shouldn't see any opportunities that is not related that product regardless who created/own an opportunity.

What would be the best way to go about and achieve this?

Thanks

srikeerthisrikeerthi

Hi 

You can do this with the help of Criteria Based Sharing Rule.So using Sharing Rule you can extend the

Permissions to Particular Users.

1.For first one you can specify your Organization Wide Defaults as Private and then Specify the Criteria based

and include those set of Users in the Sharing Settings and give Public/Write Access to them.

2.But for the second one though you specify the Criterai Based Sharing,in that you cannot see the Product 

associated  with that Opportunity,when you are creating Criteria Based Sharing On Opportunity.

Thanks

Tin013Tin013

I actually thoght of that. I will have a go.

Thanks for replying!