function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
certi_vimalcerti_vimal 

Requirement to only view data in Salesforce via Web Services, dont need to store it somewhere

Hi,

I am not much expert in Web Service concepts(infact am a newbie), want some help in this zone.

I have the following requirement at high level :-

- An online Quote is created for a contract and is passed from Salesforce to external system say "Ext" via button click from Salesforce Quote record. I think this can be done via Web Service, right?

- From the External System, some attributes and parameters are processed and passed onto the Salesforce as arguments or something. Can anyone tell me how is this possible? I know this is possible but dont know exactly how will it do

- The main question of my post is this -> I want the data string / arguments passed in Salesforce and I just want it as a view page with the data, I dont want the data to be stored somewhere in Salesforce. Can anyone tell me how is this possible? Just want View Data not data to be stored.

Please assist.

Thanks,

Vimal

certi_vimalcerti_vimal

Please assist.

Thanks,

Vimal

kenfkenf

Vimal,

According to your description, it looks like you want a custom HTML page within Salesforce.com that invokes external web services without storing anything in the SFDC database. That is very straightforward for a web developer.

SFDC in this case is just the web platform for the HTML page. If you want it displayed in a SFDC-like manner you can use VisualForce components, and possible render it in a custom VF tab. Otherwise you can really do anything available to HTML/CSS/jQuery that you want, including calling external services.

If you have something started that you want us to look at, we can help you out. If you want this developed, you might want to reach out to a contractor to help you.

--k

certi_vimalcerti_vimal

Thanks Ken for replying.

Right now instead of going deep into what they want I need to ask them questions from my side as to what is required as effort estimation and the options of Web Service calls, considerations, conditions, etc.

Can you assist me in asking them all sorts of questions so that I can get a fair idea of what they want and then estimate the effort required because I have never done effort estimation for WebService Integration module.

Thanks,

Vimal