function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mkt_hgbmkt_hgb 

Field Dependancies

Hello community,

I hope this is the right place to pose this question. Due to my Salesforce is in German only, I hope I find the right definitions / item names to make my request understandable.

I have a standard field named "name", that consits of "salutation", "first name" and "last name".

Example "name": Herr Otto Müller

I have got also a customized field named "salutory address", that can have two values: 1) Sehr geehrte Frau (Dear Mrs.)  2) Sehr geehrter Herr (Dear Mr.)

What I do at the moment is, that I choose one of the values manually. But due to I know (because of the field "salutation") if it is a man or a woman, I expect there must be a way to fill the customized field "salutory address" automatically.

Example: If field_saluation="Herr" then field_salutory address="Sehr geehrter Herr" else "Sehr geehrte Dame"

No claim for right syntax, just to make clear my request :)

I tried to solve this via "Feldabhängigkeiten" (field depandancies) but the help text says, that I can´t choose "standard values".

So I have no clue how to solve this. Please, if someone gave me a step-by-step description or a hint where to find the solution, I would be very grateful.

THANK YOU.

cloudsuccesscloudsuccess

Have you considered making the custom field "Salutory Address" a formula field rather than a picklist? If you made it a text formula field, you can then output the two values depending on the selection in "Salutation"

e.g.

IF(OR(Contact.Salutation="Miss","Ms","Mrs"), "Sehr geehrte Frau", " Sehr geehrter Herr")