function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Hugo_BHugo_B 

Automatically sending reminders to a creator or owner of a record *DAILY* until status has changed.

I have a custom object that uses workflow and an approval process.  When the record is first created I set a field called Status to "Initiating".  I would like to send a reminder to the owner of the record every morning as long as the status stays in "Initiatiing".  If the status is any other value, then the notifications should stop.

I tried creating a time-related workflow that says after the record is created or edited, and if the status is still "Initiating" send out an email.  That works only once.  But does not work for day 2 (for example).  I then tried changing the status in workflow using a field update, but that doesn't work either.

Any ideas?

Josephadm401Josephadm401

You could create multiple time dependent alerts from a workflow based on if the record is created of did not previously meet the criteria. I am not sure as to the number of time dependent actions that you can have, however, this should work for you. Other than this you can set up the batch settings of the data loader to export a filtered list of the records with "Initiating" and have them imported. You keep from errors, however, you may want to have the import run twice so once it changes the value to something else, then it changes it back. Otherwise if you use everytime a record is edited, people would get multiple alerts in one day. For this option you would use the immediate action. Let me know if this makes sense or if you need more assistance.